Seatrade Groningen | Netherlands | Fulltime
What will you do?
In this comprehensive role, you will be responsible for your part of the fleet on a day-to-day basis. It is your principal responsibility to ensure that the vessels operating worldwide perform as safe, economically and efficiently as possible according to the company and industry standards. For each vessel under your care, you are responsible for the budget, maintenance schedules, including co-ordinating all technical-operational issues /challenges and opportunities.
You will organise and supervise repairs and dry-dockings on site, prepare and closely monitor budgets, assess expenses and remotely assist and advise onboard management of the vessels. On a regular basis, you are required to check the general performance of your vessels during visits worldwide and report your conclusions in writing.
What we require:
- Bachelor in Science degree in a maritime discipline.
- Professional experience within the maritime industry and seagoing experience as (Chief) Engineer or Maritime Officer.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of marine engineering and ship’s systems in particular and knowledge and affinity with the entire vessel operation in general.
- Pro-active approach, with strong focus on improvement of systems, operation and processes.
- Team player and cost-conscious organizer with authority, who feels responsible for ship, crew and cargo and who is able to represent the company internally and externally.
- Cross culture awareness and good communication skills on different levels within the company
- Good people- and coaching skills and IT literate.
- Analytical and the drive to find root causes, learn the lesson and make improvements.
- Strong affinity with new developments and self motivated to improve own knowledge level.
- Sound command of the English language (written and verbal).
- Able to work in compliance with our Seatrade Standards.
- Willingness to frequently travel abroad.
What we offer:
- A challenging job in a dynamic an international maritime environment with a market leader operating technically complicated and challenging vessels.
- A large degree of responsibility, where results show immediately.
- An attractive remuneration package including a good pension scheme.
Are you ready to join #TeamSeatrade?