Seatrade Groningen | Netherlands | Fulltime
You will be part of the Technical Department and working in a Fleetteam where all day to day activities for our vessels are dealt with. After a familiarization period of approx. four months, you become responsible for two vessels and report to your Fleetteam Manager. He will be your coach and together with other colleagues will teach and supervise you with all the ins and outs of ‘the job of’ Superintendent.
As a Junior Technical Superintendent you will be responsible for your part of the fleet on a day-to-day basis. It is your principal responsibility to ensure that the vessels operating worldwide perform as safe , economically and efficiently as possible according to the company standards. For each vessel in your care, you are responsible for (preparing) the budget and the maintenance schedules, whilst co-ordinating all technical-operational business. You will organise and supervise repairs and dry-dockings on site, closely monitor budgets, assess expenses and remotely assist and advise onboard management of the vessels. On a regular basis, you are required to check the general performance of your vessels during visits worldwide and report your conclusions in writing.
Not only will we supply you with relevant internal and external training, we will also give you the opportunity to experience Seatrade outside the office. Together with colleagues you will visit vessels worldwide and assist at dry dockings, furthermore you will go onboard for a short sailing trip and visit our branch office in Italy.
- Capacity, motivation and ambition to grow in the job of Superintendent
- Bachelor in Science degree in a relevant Maritime discipline
- At least one year of experience at sea; in a position as Maritime Officer or Engineer
- Enthusiastic, eager and willing to live up to the Seatrade standards
- Hands-on mentality with the drive for root-cause analyses and continuous improvements
- Cross culture awareness and good communication skills on different levels within the company
- Sound command of the English language (written and verbal)
- Willingness to frequently travel abroad
- To be based in the vicinity of our office Groningen (or readiness to move)
- EU citizen or otherwise in possession of a Dutch work visa.
- The opportunity to learn the job of a Superintendent on a direct and attractive way within a multinational organisation that operates worldwide trading , technically advanced and high-quality vessels of various designs and age profile.
- An attractive remuneration package.
Are you ready to join #TeamSeatrade?